The UK found love with Calvin and Rihanna
As the day of romance is upon us, PPL reveals the most played love songs of last year in the UK.
We Found Love by Calvin Harris & Rihanna was the most played love song of 2012. The collaboration was a huge success globally reaching number one in 25 countries. Last year's most loved long song, Make You Feel My Love by Adele has remained in the top ten at number six.
The full romantic top ten is as follows:
1) We Found Love – Calvin Harris & Rihanna
2) Love On Top – Beyoncé
3) My Kind Of Love – Emeli Sandé
4) International Love – Pitbull (feat Chris Brown)
5) Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself) – Ne -Yo
6) Make You Feel My Love - Adele
7) This Is Love - Will.I.Am & Eva Simons
8) Feel The Love – Rudimental (feat John Newman)
9) Easy Lover – Phil Collins & Philip Bailey
10) 30 Minute Love Affair – Paloma Faith
PPL processed over 3.2 billion seconds of airplay in 2012 and can also reveal that last year, one in every fifteen songs broadcast on TV and radio featured the word 'love' or variations of love in the title - lovely, lover, loving etc.
"It goes without saying that love has been the source and inspiration of great music for centuries," said Jonathan Morrish, Director of PR and Corporate Communications at PPL. "This Valentine's Day many businesses will be hosting special events and will be using these recordings to help create a wonderful atmosphere for their customers. On the most romantic day of the year, this is the ultimate top ten."
This chart is generated from PPL’s exclusive data for when recorded music is played on TV and on radio and in bars, shops, restaurants, gyms and other public places.